This inspiration was not from the bathroom, but came while I was riding in a car.
One middle aged man was on the sidewalk. He seems to be looking for a chance to jaywalk cross the street. One car in our front stopped, trying to give him a chance to go cross the street. But, the guy wouldn't go cross the street. Why? Because the traffic on the other direction still kept coming. Stopping for a little while, the driver again started to move, maybe wondering in his mind, "Why doesn't this guy go cross the street? Why is he ignoring my kindness? I stopped and gave him a chance!"
Sometimes we sympathize with the people, and try to help, but not really caring the public rule (or seeing from higher perspective). What if that guy on the street tried to respond to your kindness and start crossing the street. He may get hit by one of upcoming cars or those cars may need to make sudden stop, which could cause accidents. It is good to try to help the people, but not out of your own self-satisfaction (I mean, in this case ignoring the public rule), because it could cause danger.
Anyway, my point is: It is good to want to help the people, but not out of self-satisfaction. We always need to check if what I am going to do would really help this person or not. We need to consider from higher perspective.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment