Friday, September 11, 2009

Today's bathroom inspiration: Don't expect

I realized that the reason of our unhappiness is that we "expect"
Suppose I expect someone to give me something. When that thing is not coming, then the unhappiness comes about. But if I keep giving, and not expect anything in return. Then I will find joy in giving, and if something returns, then that will give me unexpected additional joy.

I believe this is one secret of human relationships. When I give without expecting anything, what I am doing is, in fact, what God has been doing. I am establishing the common base with Him, which naturally will allow me to be involved in deep relationship with Him. And that relationship would provide me an eternal source of giving.

With this, I will even discover how to find joy in the midst of suffering--by doing thing together with God--not by myself.

So, don't expect. Just keep giving. (by don't forget to do it together with God)

No comments: