Saturday, September 12, 2009

"My audience is God"

A famous Japanese singer, Haruo Minami would always say when he appeared on the stage, "My audience is God!" ("Okyaku-sama wa kami-sama desu.") No matter how great a singer is, if nobody comes to listen to him, then what's the value? Therefore, for a professional singer, the most important thing is the audience. Therefore, he said that his audience is God.

However, today I realized that this could carry another very different meaning. I am living my life like a drama. And my audience is God. If I act according to my conscience in each given situation, that would stimulate him and inspire him. He would feel his core nature reflected in his child and would feel joy. When he feels joy, I also will feel joy. Is it not the purpose of our existence? I didn't create myself. As long as I am the one who was created, I should find and align myself to the creator's design. That will be the way to happiness.

No comments: